We're starting the week off right with a little something different – the all-new 2014 Siverado "Texas" Edition. From the moment we saw this seriously sharp-looking special edition Chevrolet pickup, we knew it had to be our "Photo of the Day."
Fun fact: Did you know that one out of every six full-size pickups are sold in Texas?
According to the official Chevrolet press release, "The Texas Edition is available either on the midlevel Silverado LT or on the more upscale LTZ. For the LT version, the Texas editions adds 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, a trailering package, locking rear differential, body-color outside mirror caps and door handles, and Texas Edition badges. For LTZ models, the 20-inch wheels, door handles and mirror caps are chrome and a Bose premium audio system is added."
Like all 2014 Silverado 1500 models, the Texas Editions include:
- All-new EcoTec3 engines – a standard 285-horsepower (212 kW) V-6 on the LT and 355-horsepower (250 kW) V-8 on the LTZ
- A stronger, quieter, more comfortable cab
- A refined new interior with features and connectivity tailored to the needs of truck customers
- Powerful, intuitive connectivity via Chevrolet MyLink
- Revised steering, suspension and brakes for improved ride and handling
- Ingenious solutions for managing cargo in the bed.
For customers in the other 49 states, a Custom Sport package with comparable features – but no Texas Edition badges – will be available.
To read the press release in its entirety, click here.